Friday, July 6, 2012

Friday Finish - 4th of July

Wednesday I showed you this block as part of a larger project I was working on.


I indicated that there was more to it than just that bock, but not much more than that.  Last weekend, we took a little trip to Sioux Falls.  The hubs wanted to shop for beer brewing equipment.  We had heard that there were a couple stores, but we were supremely disappointed.  If we need brewing supplies, we're going to go back to Minneapolis, I think.

Anyway, the hubs surprised me by looking up a few quilting shops to take me to! AWW! While shopping in the first store, he saw this project and loved it. I mean LOVED it. The kit was reasonably priced at $19.50 including the backing!  Wednesday morning we got up and walked the dog and then after a shower, we went to our separate shops and worked on projects.  It wasn't long and I had another block done.


Before you knew it, the top was done.  By 4pm, the whole thing was complete!  Look how nice it looks on the entry table:



You can't really see it, but all three fabrics have gold pattern on them, but you hardly notice the color, right? Crazy.

So that's my 4th of July projects. :)


6 comments: