Friday, March 26, 2010

Progress Made...

I'm about halfway through with the top. I miscalculated the number of triangles needed so now I'm cutting some more for the bottom half.

I think it's rather pretty.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Hot Damn!

I fixed it!!!

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Is it bad...

that I've started a new project? I have project ADD, I swear. Mr BB got tired of waiting for the penguins and asked that I make a wall quilt for spring. I took a bunch of the hand-dyed fabrics my MIL created and cut them into 3.5" squares which I then cut into triangles. Here are some pictures of the layouts I've tried.

This is the first time I'm using my Singer Serger since Mr. BB bought it for me two Christmas' ago. The tension is all messed up on it.

I rethreaded it, but the under loop is still too loose to be effective.

As you can see, when the triangles are separated to make the square, the stitches pull apart.

I've done some research online and I have one more thing to try before I give up on it - at least until we move and get help from a quilt shop.