Friday, April 19, 2013

April 19th - seriously??

This is the craziest spring I've seen in a long time. I got up yesterday at the normal time for my trip to school, took my shower, packed my bag and made my way to school. It's normally a two and a half hour drive one way and I'd gotten an hour into my drive, but less than a third of the way there.  I drove behind the snow plow for 6-8 miles at 45 mph and was still terrified of going off the road!  I knew then that even though I had an exam that morning, I couldn't continue driving to school.  So, I turned around and contacted my prof to reschedule my exam when I arrived home.  I don't regret not going - it snowed for the remainder of the day and the roads were very slick.  This is what the front and back yards look like this morning:




This is not what April 19th should look like! We certainly aren't far enough North for this to be justified. I wish I had the time to spend it in my sewing room, but at this point in the semester it is perfect for spending under a quilt while researching for final papers! The one good thing about this late winter weather is that neither the hubs nor I are tempted to be outside rather than doing school work!

No comments:

Post a Comment