The entry has a smaller window next to the door that my in-laws have agreed to make a stained glass for, but for now I wanted something that would allow the light in without losing the privacy. I had some fabric from the bathroom curtain left over, but not quite enough to cover the whole window which meant I had to find a solution if I wanted to use it. So I ran to the local Hobby Lobby to look at their upholstery fabric. The first one I considered is this one:
I like it, but it is rather formal. So, I kept looking and found this:
I LOVE this fabric! Our entry walls are the same color as the darker grey medallion. My intention was to make a curtain of just these fabrics, but then I thought that I liked the silk as well and it would be appropriate for the holiday season. So then I thought about making two tops and attaching the gauze-like fabric with Velcro.
I started to plan these curtains, but as I took before pictures I realized just how close the window is to our wall quilt.
This poses a bit of a problem because I do not want the curtain to clash with whatever wall quilt we have up. So, back to the drawing board. I had some black canvas fabric left over after making some potholders for a friend. So, I decided that simplicity was best in this case and made this curtain:
I like it. :o)