Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Women's Suffrage/Grandmother's Choice

In full disclosure, I feel that I should reveal that my BA and MA were both in History and Women's Studies. My specialization was the politics surrounding the US Equal Rights Amendment.  Since changing my field to Political Science, I am still following my heart and pursuing research in gendered policies, but am now able to continue my research into the 21st Century.  

That being said, I am fascinated by Barbara Brackman's newest block of the week project: Grandmother's Choice


I have always been attracted to this type of memory quilt and Brackman is certainly not the first to offer a pattern to commemorate women's history.  I think it is important to remember the women who came before us.  Prior to this I was not financially in a position to work with a BOM or BOW and obviously, I am not able to complete this project right now, but I am saving the instructions and block PDFs that she is posting and hope to get to it this winter.  Brackman has outlined some color options for those commemorating the US and British suffrage movements.  I know exactly the colors I will use.

So, let me ask you this: Are you participating in this BOW?  If so, what attracted you to it? Or are there other BOM/BOWs that you are participating in and what are they?

No comments:

Post a Comment