Friday, November 27, 2015

Recalibrating My Idea of My Sewing Room

I'm not even sure where to start. Each day is a new day, but I really didn't realize how deep my depression over my divorce was until I was coming out of it. I'm very grateful to have some amazing support in my life and while I'm no longer depressed over the end of my marriage, I'm still struggling in my financial recovery which can be a challenge. However, I vowed as a New Year's resolution to find more blessings and dwell less on the negatives. As such, I found a corner to set up my sewing machine. I always feel better when I can find a few minutes to sit and create.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Elizabeth,
    I just logged into GoodReads (after Googling something else) and saw your (uh... 6 year old) friend request. Decided to check out your web site and found this post. Very sorry to hear of your divorce. Rebecca and I are separated, so I guess I can relate. I think the death of our daughter, Raven, and the aftermath of that recalibrated all of us. For me, the line from Casablanca keeps floating to the top: "... it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world." Life does go on. Also recommend watching "Stranger Than Fiction" again. Is my life a Comedy or a Tragedy? I choose Comeday. Some days that attitude helps.

    Just wanted to say hi and send my regards.

    Respectfully,
    Darren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Darren,
      I'm so sorry to hear of your relationship difficulties, as well. Tragedy, such as Raven's sudden death, can definitely put a strain on everything that can be so difficult to overcome. I hope you are doing well, though.
      Prayers and best wishes,
      Elizabeth

      Delete