I finished this batik jelly roll race top a month or so ago, but finally had the opportunity to quilt and bind it this week. I think the collection is called blueberry. In all honesty, I'm not sure I will use this pattern again. It was easy enough, but there isn't enough variety between the strips and the changes between strips are oddly placed. Even so, this quilt is growing on me. The more time I spend with it, the more I'm liking it.
You can see the quilting a bit better in the second picture. I did in the ditch between the strips and a wave through the strips and the outer border. I used a smokey blue thread, but I went through two spools (one full and one not) and part of a third. I also realized that I don't have much variety in my thread collection - mostly white or darks (green, blue, purple and red). I'm going to have to remedy that.
Anyway, I was having some difficulty choosing a binding. I had bought some 90" natural flannel for the backing and had enough left over for the binding as well. I like using flannel for the back for added warmth and softness, but the natural cream color would be striking against the dark outer border. So, I asked the hubs' opinion. Essentially, the choice was between the fabric for the backing and the fabric for the border. He said the border fabric would be better and he was right. It was perfect!
This is, by far, the biggest quilt I've ever made and completed. All in all, I'm pretty happy with it... and the cats are thrilled! ;o)